Creative? Looking for a fun challenge? Enter the Library Design Contest! We're looking for a creative design to represent the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library. Intrigued? Here's the scoop:
- Submissions will be accepted March 1-April 1, 2011. Winners will be announced during National Library Week, April 10-16, 2011. Contest is open to all current students.
- We encourage creative designs that inspire good thoughts about the library and reflect the library’s mission and vision:
Mission - The library advances the teaching mission and intellectual life of the College by selecting and facilitating access to information and by instructing in its use, interpretation, and evaluation.
Vision - The library will play an essential role in engaging students in critical inquiry and developing the skills and dispositions of life-long learners, prepared for lives of leadership and service in a diverse and fast-changing world. To do this, the library will support the curriculum with materials and opportunities for course-related and independent learning; will provide leadership in fostering information literacy across the curriculum; will inform the community of emerging issues in information policy and trends; and will support the intellectual and cultural life of the college by developing programs, collections, and an engaging physical and virtual space for exploration.
- Entries should be submitted in .jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org by the contest deadline of April 1, 2010 11:59pm. Please do not exceed 4MB per entry.
- If you wish, include an explanation of your submitted design.
- Entries must not incorporate copyrighted material. There are no color requirements, but preference is given to entries equally appealing in color, black and white, and grayscale format and work well with the Gustavus logo.
- Criteria for judging include creativity, originality and relevance to the library.
- All entries will be licensed under Creative Commons 3.0; Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library will be free to use the winning design in library-related marketing, including print, web and social networking media.
- The winning design will receive a small prize, a lifetime of fame and glory and our endless appreciation.